SRTA 0.50 cal
.50cal SRTA M2HB
This cartridge is currently under development – first limited production in 2014
Short Stop® Short-Range Training Ammunition (SRTA) rounds are designed for use on ranges where ricochet and stray bullets present a problem. The unique design of the Short Stop® bullet allows it to match the accuracy of conventional ammunition at shorter ranges, while reducing maximum ranges to 750m.
All Short Stop® cartridges feature projectiles produced from a frangible copper-filled polymer, which significantly lowers the danger of ricochet and splash back while eliminating environmental contamination. The unique Short Stop® tracer represents a quantum leap in technology by incorporating tracer technology with a short-range 7.62mm and .50cal SRTA frangible projectile. This projectile has day and night tracing capabilities. It is safe to use and meets environmental regulations. It has the same interior and exterior ballistics as an SRTA ball round.
- Non-toxic projectile ;
- Greatly reduced safety/danger zone distances ; greater training flexibility;
- Accuracy and ballistic match to conventional ammunition at shorter ranges;
- Enhances user freedom of movement while conduction convoy protection drill and live-fire training;
- Similar recoil, noise level and function as conventional ammunition;
- Decreased damage to range infrastructure and targets;
- Surface Danger Zone (SDZ) is approximately 1% of conventional munitions;
- No modifications of M2 machinegun;
- Improved ballistic match with M858 and M860 (T);
- Reliable functioning from -20C to +50 C;
- Maximum range of 750 m
- Greatly reduced splash back, ideal for close range metal targets.
- Ball and tracer versions for the 7.62mm and .50cal;
- Training in urban areas, convoy protection drills with greatly reduced safety templates;
- Training in outdoor ranges where training is limited by conventional/standard ammunition safety templates.