9 mm & 5.56mm Greenshield® Ammunition
9mm Green Shield Frangible fired 90 deg on metal plate
The Greenshield® cartridge is known as the best frangible training ammunition worldwide. This truly frangible, lead-free, full-energy training ammunition, designed to reduce health and safety hazards by eliminating exposure to lead and other heavy metals. The bullet is composed of a patented polymer compound that disintegrates into powder upon impact with hard surfaces such as steel targets or backstop materials, virtually eliminating splash back and ricochet. It is truly a safe alternative to any other training rounds. This lethal cartridge is not to be fired at personnel.
Greenshield® frangible cartridges deliver equivalent accuracy and ballistic match with service ammunition out to tactical ranges, and function without any weapon modifications. The environmentally-friendly rounds generate similar recoil and noise levels to duty ammunition and are available in 9 mm for training on indoor and outdoor ranges as well as in MOUT and FIBUA environments.
- Non-toxic cartridge (primer and projectile) eliminating health risk to personnel;
- Equivalent accuracy and ballistic match with duty ammunition at tactical ranges;
- Identical noise level, recoil and function of duty ammunition;
- Reduced safety/danger zones;
- Reduced barrel wear;
- No weapon modification required;
- No ricochet or splash back;
- Significant savings in range construction and maintenance.
- Indoor or outdoor ‘green’ range;
- Enclosed spaces;
- Close-range shooting drills using steel targets;
- MOUT or FIBUA buildings;